In Conversation: Transgender Children & Youth – Understanding the Basics
September 22, 2022 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm| Free
Gender identity and expression are central to the way we see ourselves and engage in the world around us. This is certainly true of transgender and gender-expansive children and teens, for whom family support is absolutely critical. Its important to be aware of the fact that research finds that transgender youth are at greatest risk of suicide (compared to their non-transgender peers) as a result of rejection, bullying, and other victimization.
In this session, we will explore:
- How can I tell if my child is transgender?
- How can I tell if my child is lesbian/gay
- Simple ways to start supporting your transgender child
What you Need to Know Before you Join:
- You are welcome to participate with your cameras on/off
- You can join with a family member or a friend
- To join the class just click on the relevant hyperlink on the time you are interested to participate on the agenda above
- You don’t need to download the Zoom application to join the room – just click on the link
- If you have any issues finding the Zoom links, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share them with you